The volume of business critical data is growing exponentially. A study by IDC found that the volume of data businesses are managing doubles every 1.2 years. Finding a high-capacity system that allows businesses to manage, access, store and protect data is among top priorities of businesses. More efficient technologies are constantly being developed. Below is an overview of common data storage technologies and practices.
- Data Storage Solutions:
- Enterprise and Business Class Storage
- Storage Area Networks (SAN)
- Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- E-mail Archival and Recovery
Storage Area Networks vs. Network Attached Storage
Two of the most popular solutions in the storage category are storage area networks (SANs) and network-attached storage (NAS) systems. Though they serve similar purposes, one may better suit your business requirements.
In addition to on-site storage solutions, many businesses have turned to off-site storage and back-up as a critical component to data management policies. A remote backup solution will allow you to protect your most valuable business asset with ease. It's automatic, secure, and affordable.
- Comprehensive online backup solution
- Automated and unattended process
- Perfect solution for backing up mobile laptop devices
- Restore files with ease
- More reliable than disk or tape
- Data encryption for added security
Robinson & Associate's expert sales and technical teams are ready to design the best possible SAN or NAS solution for your business. To learn more about either technology, or to schedule an appointment, request a free consultation today.